22 December 2013

To the West Dad

Week 51, 16 December 2013 - Al Abraq

Markus and I decided to head out west following the cold front and snow that was dumped all along western Arabia to see if this may have pushed any interesting birds to the east.

Al Abraq is a relatively long drive by Kuwait standards and is a location that either produces or doesn't. Today it didn't.....aside from the few usual suspects that one would expect to see.

What I didn't expect to see was 'my' Cattle Egret fraternising outside the cage of White Peacocks...

Western Cattle Egret (Bubulcus ibis) who often shows up where I least expect to see one!
Merry Christmas Dad, where has the 10-years gone?

For those that are thinking I have smoked one shisha too many; the movie "The Best Little Exotic Marigold Hotel" will provide a clue to the significance of the Western Cattle Egret in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment