09 October 2019

Sunset stroll on the beach

Week 40; 05 October 2019 - Abu Hassania

Since this morning at Abraq was pretty successful, I decided to head to my local beach at Abu Hassania just before sunset. I checked the big trees along the shoreline and inadvertently flushed a couple of Steppe Buzzards and European Sparrowhawk's that had come in from the sea to roost overnight.

I didn't expect to see much, but found a Mediterranean Pierrot

Mediterranean Pierrot (Tarucus rosaceus)

A little later I had a fairly obliging Eastern Black-eared Wheatear after the sun had set. I had to push the ISO to get a half-decent exposure. However, I still need to work on improving my PS post processing for high ISO images. These were taken at ISO 3200 and 6400 and even for a 1Dx, they are quite noisy in my opinion.

Eastern Black-eared Wheatear (Oenanthe h. melanoleuca)


The unexpected surprise was an Egyptian Nightjar that gave me the run around. Even if you think you know where it landed after flushed, it is never quite where you thought. But eventually, I did pin it down. This also taken after sunset, which is around 5:20pm with autumn almost at an end

Egyptian Nightjar (Caprimulgus aegyptius)

This is a Hadra, a traditional inter-tidal fish trap that I thought was illegal, especially on a public beach

Traditional Hadra

Walking back to my car, I surprised this feral cat in amongst the run-down buildings

Feral Cat




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete