18 December 2019

Sunbird still here!

Week 50; 13 December 2019 - Abu Hassania

The weather had improved this weekend and I managed to arrange access back to the garden to try again for the Sunbird in better light which I thought would be easier.

The bird made a brief appearance after 90-minutes when I got one image and never returned to feed, although I could hearing it calling and singing from deep inside one of the dense trees

Male Purple Sunbird (Cinnyris asiaticus) in eclipse plumage

While waiting, I was entertained by White-eared Bulbul's feeding one the same flowers

White-eared Bulbul (Pycnonotus leucotis)

A Blue-spotted Arab stopped for awhile

Blue-spotted Arab (Colotis phisadia)

There was a Wasp species on the Frangipani flowers

Wasp sp

By this time the light faded and I called it quits

No comments:

Post a Comment