28 September 2019

Sunset shorebirds

Week 37; 14 September 2019 - Abu Hassania Beach

I had some issues with the auto focus on my Canon body, so after the Pivots in the morning, I swung by Canon to have it checked out. We switched it to Live View and focusing was fine and when we switched it back, it sorted itself out on it's own - odd, but very relieved.

So, in order to make sure it was fine, I went to Abu Hassania beach (on the other side of the freeway from where I stay) to test it in the late afternoon, just before sunset.

There were a few waders on the beach, but I couldn't get as close as I would have liked. A couple of Common Ringed Plover were quite busy feeding on the beach.

Common Ringed Plover (Charadrius hiaticula)


Greater Sand Plovers were amongst the rocks and along the beach

Greater Sand Plover (Anarhynchus leschenaultii)





Ruddy Turnstone

Ruddy Turnstone (Arenaria interpres)


Were feeding together with a small flock of Sanderling's

Sanderling (Calidris alba)

Whilst Kentish Plover's kept away from the mixed flock

Kentish Plover (Anarhynchus alexandrinus)

A single Terek Sandpiper landed close to me, but then sprinted as far away from me as possible

Terek Sandpiper (Xenus cinereus)

Just as the sunset, a Common Redshank flew past me and up the coast. I was a bit slow getting onto it though...

Common Redshank (Tringa totanus)

I then played around with some slow exposure panning for an abstract 
sea-scape

Dreamy Seascape

Followed by an abstract sunset

Psychedelic Sunset

After which I headed home happy that my camera body was back to normal!




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete