03 March 2020

A stroll along the beach

Week 09; 28 February 2020 - Abu Hassania

I didn't get out this morning, so late in the afternoon I had a walk along my local beach, in Abu Hassania.

After parking, I thought this black cat on the dustbin would make quite a striking image

Black Cat

In the woods parallel to the beach there were many Common Chiffchaff actively foraging everywhere I looked

Common Chiffchaff (Phylloscopus collybita)


A large flock of Hypocolius had come in to roost, but also to feed on one of the fruiting trees (not sure of the name)

Hypocolius (Hypocolius ampelinus)



The same tree also attracted a few Rose-ringed Parakeets

Rose-ringed Parakeet (Psittacula krameri)


As the sun was setting, I headed back to my car to discover my battery had died! Was the Black Cat earlier an omen? Nah, only if you might be superstitious!

Fortunately, it didn't take long for someone to help me jump-start the car and I was able to get it replaced within an hour. Only in Kuwait could you get a battery replaced when normal working hours have ended, although I was disappointed that previous battery died one month after the 1-year warranty expired!


No comments:

Post a Comment