02 October 2018

Lunar eclipse

Week 43; 27 July 2018 - Funaitees

I had a fantastic 2-weeks catching up with my family and friends in South Africa. I had a half day birding trip with my good mate Rus, successfully tracking down Rock Pipit in Greylingstad.

The second total lunar eclipse of 2018 was tonight and many of us waited up in anticipation of a great view. Totality lasted 103-minutes, making it the longest eclipse of the 21st century.

Unfortunately, Kuwait in mid-summer was not the place to observe it this time - heat, wind and dust didnt make for clear skies whereas my family had crystal clear views in winter skies of South Africa.

Nevertheless, these were the best two images I could salvage under the trying weather conditions.

Lunar eclipse, Kuwait


No comments:

Post a Comment